In 2013, the Dioceses of Lichfield, Hereford and Worcester organised a Festival of Churches telling the Christian story, sharing arts activities, providing help with family history and refreshments. In 2013, 237 churches participated organising 291 individual events over one September weekend. In 2014, it took place across two weeks in September.
What is the Festival of Churches?
Two days in which to enjoy events and activities in the life of a church or chapel near you. What will you find when you enter the door?
- Fascination, awe or a deep sense of peace?
- Incredible stories of politics, intrigue and courage.
- Objects, relics and curiosities that have been hidden away.
- An open book to our heritage and history.
- Family history, records and local memories.
- The wonderful wildlife of the churchyard.
- Dedicated and skilled people to help you unlock the story of their church and community